Todd Benson wrote:
> I was wondering what is the best way to install 1.9.1 on MS Vista.  Do
> I need to install ming?  Also, what library concerns do I need to be
> aware of?  I'm a little averse to using VMware (to mimic a linux
> install), but have no problem doing it if need be.  Friend's laptop,
> Windows, blah, blah...
>
> Todd

Although I prefer windows, I do ruby in linux + virtualbox. While it's
easy enough to get basic ruby and rails working in windows, plugin
dependencies are a nightmare. Save yourself the headache. Putty (SSH
terminal) + virtualbox|vmware + linux server distro (no gui) is the best
way. I look at this way, any serious rails app will get deployed to a
linux server anyway.