"Lyle Johnson" <ljohnson / resgen.com> writes:

> From what you and some others have suggested,
> Morphic is itself an entire GUI system (and more?) and not just this limited
> subset I had in mind.

True. It's an object scripting system as well. Every Morphic object is
fully responsive and scriptable. The object model is prototype-based like
Self, not class-based like Ruby. You can, of course, code using prototyping
in Ruby.

Morphic aside, I like Squeak's approach: write a good graphics buffer class
(BitBlt) and build everything on top of it. No native widgets at all. Your
apps look and run exactly the same no matter what OS is underlying.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm / io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"Quotation confesses inferiority." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson