2009/2/12 Gregory Brown <gregory.t.brown / gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius / gmail.com> wrote:
>>         Engine Yard is willing to step up as the official maintainer of
>> ruby1.8.6.
>> (...)
>
> This would give those of us who need a stable legacy 1.8 to follow a
> place to look for bug fixes and stablizations.

Gregory, there is no Ruby 1.8 and has never been. There have been
1.8.0, 1.8.1, up to 1.8.7, each one differing from the others. I'm
sure that for each new version you can find new methods introduced
and/or behaviour of existing methods changed. This was the point I
never understood: what's so special about the transition to 1.8.7?

I think what most of you really want is to keep 1.8.6, not some
ominous "Ruby 1.8", what ever this should be. Ezra has put this right:
"maintainer of 1.8.6".

So, you keep your 1.8.6, and others can go on to 1.8.7 and beyond. I
think this would be a perfect solution.

Regards,
Pit