Engine Yard is willing to step up as the official maintainer of
ruby1.8.6. We can provide the right amount of human resources as well
as server and QA resources with automated CI running the rubyspecs.

	I feel that it is very important to keep a stable ruby 1.8.6 lineage
for some time to come.

	Matz has stated that he is willing to pass the torch on maintenance
of ruby1.8.6 and we would like to step up to the plate for the whole
ruby community. Please respond here if you think Engine yard would
make good maintainers of the ruby1.8.6 lineage

Thanks

Ezra Zygmuntowicz
ez / engineyard.com