"Dash Riprock" <dazh_ribrogg / yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anybody know where a SMIT-installable (for AIX) image of Ruby
> can be found?
>
> If not, has anybody compiled Ruby for AIX with . . .
>
> IBM's C compiler?

Over a year ago.

> GNU C compiler?
>
> If there are any tips, tricks, or gotchas, I'd appreciate knowing
> about them. Thanks.

It should still build out of the box if you have IBM's Xlc or VAC C
compiler. Maybe some current Ruby & AIX user can confirm that.

If nothing else turns up, Ruby may now be well-enough known that

    (http://freeware.bull.net/)
    "Bull's Large Freeware and Shareware Archive for AIX?"

could be talked into generating a version for you, if they haven't already
done so.

Conrad