On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Phlip <phlip2005 / gmail.com> wrote:
> I just switched from Vista to Kubuntu. The performance difference is like
> night and day! And the Vista is still there, for Office and such, in a dual
> boot...

Which KDE do you have? I briefly tried KDE 4.1 on openSUSE 11.1 but
went back to Gnome 2.24. It's much lighter weight. By the way, I saw a
post a couple days ago where someone did a performance test of XP,
Vista and Windows 7 Beta on a 512 MB machine. Windows 7 was better
than Vista but XP was still better!

https://twitter.com/znmeb/status/1197380182
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky