Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Yes.  But there's other normalization requirement for other encoding
> than Unicode.  I'm not against about Char class, but I don't think
> there can be consensus.

 > Unicode itself is redundant, which means it has the "feature" to
 > represent same "character" in the different code point sequence.  It
 > requires normalization.

I'm not proficient in all this, but isn't it like that(?):
Unicode a list where characters are referenced through numeric values;
a character encoding scheme;
then there are two actual encoding forms, UTF-8 and UTF-16, dealing with
the representation through being 16-bit or byte oriented.

Will m17n implement Unicode?

Tobi

--

http://www.pinkjuice.com/