Mark Fraser wrote:
> Well I run the configure script with '--with-readline-dir=/usr/local'
> and I get:
>
> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-readline-dir
>
> --and I get this with whatever I specify as the directory (which I think
> is because there is no such option in the configure script).
>
> I have tried with every 1.9.x distro.

I am getting this same error (and I have successfully compiled and
installed the new readline). It seems that the people that this works
for are running Leopard. Not sure why the configure script would not
recognize this option under Tiger.

Can anyone confirm whether the "--with-readline-dir" option works under
Tiger?