I am setting up two threads in the hopes that we can see names
attached to opinions about the decision to break backwards
compatibility between Ruby 1.8.6 and Ruby 1.8.7+
This one is for those who wish that Ruby 1.8 would go *back* to being
1.8.6 compatible in Ruby 1.8.8.   If you agree with this, share your
thoughts or at least a simple '+1'.  If you disagree, please find the
other thread titled 'If you are happy with the direction of Ruby
1.8.7, respond'.  If you are in the middle, I don't know what you
should do... write two posts?

My goal is to survey ruby-talk so that the core Ruby team has a chance
to see what people really want.  I'm curious to see if this is as
one-sided as I think it is.

--
Technical Blaag at: http://blog.majesticseacreature.com
 Non-tech stuff at: http://metametta.blogspot.com