So I'd like to look into an extension for FXRuby that allows you to (easily)
draw shapes and drag them around on a canvas, that sort of thing. There is
an existing C++ library for FOX (FX2DCanvas) that's a little out of date,
but which may offer a few useful tidbits. But I'd just as soon strike out on
my own and do a new implementation entirely in Ruby (on top of FXRuby, that
is).

I'm only marginally familiar with Smalltalk and Squeak, but have seen many
references to Morphic. I've just walked through one of the first Morphic
tutorials and it *seems* to be the kind of system I'm looking for. So my
question, for those of you with more experience with Ruby, Squeak/Smalltalk
and Morphic, is: is this a good API to try to bring over to Ruby? Or is
Morphic a nice idea in theory but unwieldy to use in practice? Has anyone
ever tried a Morphic-like library for Ruby on top of one of the other GUI
toolkits (couldn't find any hits in the RAA or on google.com).

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this...