I see ...

My code below : The function 1 calls the function mail_system every 60
seconds.

Take a look at my 2 functions below and can u suggest of what should I
really change to do away with this issue

require 'net/smtp'

def mail_system(message,i)

user=`echo $USER`.chomp
recipient=user+"@gmail.com"
msg = "#{message}"
Net::SMTP.start('smtp.gmail.com',25) do |smtp|
smtp.send_message(msg, "#{recipient}", "#{recipient}")
Notification for Email Sent completion - #{message}"
end
rescue Timeout::Error => e
$mes_trace.error("Got #{e.class} exception: #{e.message}")
puts "Got #{e.class} exception: #{e.message}"
exit false
end

def function1
mail_system(message,i)
rescue Exception => e
    $mes_trace.error("Got #{e.class} exception: #{e.message}")
    puts "Got #{e.class} exception: #{e.message}"
end

sleep(60)
end