On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 12:27 AM, David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:

>  if car.make == make
>
> than
>
>  if make === car
Although I am a big fan with using #=== (for fingerlazyness) I have to
agree, after some months of thinking and reading it is probably a bad
idea to use it too much.

I am still not sure for some special cases as e.g.
   instance_of_Class === object
or
   instance_of_Regex  === string
these idioms have some good points too e.g. auto-documenting case
behavior and forcing nubies to learn about #===.

However I really do have a strong opinion ( very loosely hold of course! ) about
   make === car
and
   car.make == make
.

I would think that if one accepted the first idiom in a project it
really should convey a very, very strong message, something so
intrinsic to the problem space that a special idiom is justified.
In the general case I agree with David though.
Cheers
Robert

--
It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the
dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any