--000e0cd29b1e5abac5046266bb27

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Eelco <catsquotl / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am new to programming and ruby.. Trying to read through the pickaxe and
> do the exercises on Sphere Online Judge.
> I was wondering is there a ruby written ruby interpreter available? somehow
> i`d like to be able to read the interpreter source.
>
> greetz Cat

It seems to me that would be pointless, since it would require another
interpreter to function. Of course the other alternative would be to write a
ruby compiler which would be awkward in a dynamic language. Of course if it
wasn't actually compiled then you would have the overhead of interpreting a
stack of ruby. Why would you want a ruby interpreter written in ruby?

--
The UNIX system has a command, nice ... in order to be nice to the other
users. Nobody ever uses it." - Andrew S. Tanenbaum

--000e0cd29b1e5abac5046266bb27--