Hi,

I think I've upset my ruby/gems on my Redhat Linux box (I did an
apt-get install ruby-libs).  So I've installed again Ruby from source
(did get some warnings - see previous post), and then tried to install
RubyGem however I get the following error.  Any ideas?  Anything else
I can post to help?

[root@home rubygems-1.3.1]# ruby ./setup.rb
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/yaml.rb:14: uninitialized constant
YAML::Syck::DefaultLoader (NameError)
        from ./lib/rubygems/config_file.rb:7:in `require'
        from ./lib/rubygems/config_file.rb:7
        from ./lib/rubygems.rb:882:in `require'
        from ./lib/rubygems.rb:882
        from ./setup.rb:22:in `require'
        from ./setup.rb:22

Some addition config info:
[root@home ~]#
[root@home ~]# ruby -v
ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-linux]
[root@home ~]# which ruby
/usr/local/bin/ruby
[root@home ~]# which gem
/usr/bin/gem
[root@home ~]# gem -v
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/yaml.rb:14: uninitialized constant
YAML::Syck::DefaultLoader (NameError)
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`require'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/config_file.rb:7
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`require'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/gem_runner.rb:8
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`require'
        from /usr/bin/gem:9


thanks