> You can say, or rather: write, that - but the effect would be
> disappointing.  The second assignment simply overwrites the first one
> rendering it completely superfluous.
>
> You can do this
>
> arrays = Array.new(how_many) {[]}
>
> Cheers
>
>   robert
 I have done some digging around and this is what I have written down on
paper - not tested yet at all:

@array_count = @user.tabledef.count #returns a 3, for example
@count = 0

until @count == @array_count - 1 do
  eval("#{@count} = @user.tabledefs["#{count}.items)
  @count += 1
end

What I was hoping is that this would return 3 distintive arrays, is this
not correct? What I am trying to do is build a table with x many columns
and y many rows but before hand I know neither what x or y is going to
be.

Also, assuming the above codes works (and assuming that there is not an
easier way to do this, which I'm thinking there is) how do I access the
arrays? Are they stored in a hash? or a variable? Thanks,

-S