Hi,

In message "(the diff) Re: TypeError verus NoMethodError"
    on 02/01/29, "Chr. Rippel" <chr_news / gmx.net> writes:

|I don't think of Fixnum and Symbols as singleton either however the
|fact is that disabling a method from a superclass is uniformly done
|undef_method raising a NoMethodError exception (which previously
|was a TypeError after all).

The point is: when we agree Fixnums and Symbols are NOT singletons,
what is the rationale for removing dup and clone from them, instead of
raising TypeError?

Plus alternative point:  It may be better to make singleton.rb to
raise TypeError for dup and clone.

|/OT It would be kind of neat to introduce singleton types for Fixnums
|and Symbols without compromising  ``equal?" equality (see for example
|Bignum) .

Could you tell me bit more about this?

|> And also could you tell me how your fix different from the original.
|> It's kinda hard for me to guess your intention from the source.
|
|Sorry, here is the diff against the latest cvs-version (1.12) . I added some
|comments in the code, cleaned up the documentation and added examples
|clarifying (well there is always hope;-)  the code changes.

OK, I will examine, and merge them.

							matz.