No

The method is on the class, as an istnce method. There is only one
class, and all instances look to it for their methods. If you want you
can do methods on particular instances only. You probably want this
behaviour and I think it's achieved with instance_eval. I'll post an
example in a sec

Blog: http://random8.zenunit.com/
Learn rails: http://sensei.zenunit.com/

On 06/02/2009, at 2:46 PM, Daly <aeldaly / gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm doing this as a learning experiment. I would have thought that
> since self inside method one is an object, then two inside one would
> be defined on the object, not on the class.
>
> Phlip's explanation made it clear to me though. It's as if I opened
> the class and redefined two, correct?
>
> On Feb 5, 10:26 pm, Julian Leviston <jul... / coretech.net.au> wrote:
>> What happens when you call the one method is it redefines the two
>> INSTANCE METHOD at the class level (ie the context of instance method
>> definition in the class), which means ALL objects are affected.
>>
>> Why would you want to do this?
>>
>> Julian.
>>
>> On 06/02/2009, at 2:05 PM, Daly wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,