On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Jarmo Pertman <jarmo.p / gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, I have to admit that I didn't know that "Ruby list" means that
> it's denied to talk about anything more than Ruby core and stdlibs.

You're not forbidden to talk about other libs. It's just that there
are separate lists for Ruby and Rails, and the general understanding
is that the questions posted here aren's Rails-specific.

So, the people who posted these questions probably aren't using Rails
libraries, and thus answers who recommend using them are less useful.
Rob was probably just pointing that out. No offense intended.

--
Bira
http://compexplicita.wordpress.com