In article <200201281037.TAA25587 / smtp2.nifty.ne.jp>,
masaki.suketa / nifty.ne.jp says...
> In message "Win32ole event callback?"
>     on 02/01/25, a <a / a.a> writes:
>
> > In the world of visual basic, some event subs have an argument that can
> > be set as a callback. For example the queryUnload event of a form has a
> > cancel argument that can be set to cancel the unloading of a form. Is
> > this possible to do with Ruby? As an example, I can create an instance
> > of Internet Explorer and trap the 'NewWindow' event and its arguments
> > but unlike using the object in VB it seems I can do nothing about event
> > that will effect the IE object. Am I wrong about this, what am I
> > missing?
>
> Does win32ole/sample/ienavi.rb coming with win32ole package help you?
>
>   Regards,
>   Masaki Suketa

I have no problem understanding what it does. If you look at the code,
you see that ruby never actually communicates with the IE object outside
of its public methods and properties. for Example, if i capture the
"NewWindow" event, that's great, but i can't respond to that event in
any way outside of the the objects public methods. (IE: I cant stop or
close the pop-up. )