I was trying to create some simple windows with curses. This
works fine except that some functions of the (n)curses library
are not available in ruby. I missed scrollok(). I took a look at
the curses extension and it didn't look that hard to add the
missing method. (At least that's what I thought but I only know
the basics of C). Here's what I came up: (Most of it blatantly
copied from the other methods)

static VALUE
curses_scrollok(obj, bf)
    VALUE obj;
    VALUE bf;
{
    struct windata *winp;
    GetWINDOW(obj, winp);
    scrollok(winp->window, bf);
    return Qnil;
}

On second thought I noticed that bf is still a ruby
representation of a boolean. I searched in "Programming Ruby" and
ruby.h but couldn't find a macro to convert this boolean to a C
representation of a boolean.

My question is: What kind of special processing needs to be done
to the boolean?

Cheers
Martin