A few weeks back I proposed the Cardinal project - basically a project to
create a Ruby frontend for Parrot.  I really think this is a critical
project for the future of Ruby.  My plan was to get my other projects into
a state where I could leave them for a while and work on Cardinal starting
in early February...

However, after releasing the latest version of TaskMaster last week, I've
been talking to some folks involved in areas like Linux Clusters and
software testing and the feedback I'm getting is that with a bit of
improvment and a lot of added docs and examples TaskMaster could become
really useful in those niches (and it could even lead to some consulting
gigs - it would be nice to make a bit of money again ;-)  So, my plan now
is to focus on improving and documenting TaskMaster for the next few
months because in the short term I think I can have a greater impact
there than if I move on to working on Cardinal.

So, that leaves Cardinal 'leaderless'.  Would anyone out there be willing
to startup Cardinal (get a page on Sourceforge or Savannah)?  It really is
an important project for the Ruby community.

Phil