On Feb 3, 1:45   󮮮
> Luis Lavena wrote:
>
> > Dunno why:
>
> > - Tried to contact Ruby-mswin32 maintainer 4 years ago to fix the
> > "missing dependencies" on the build, never got an answer.
> > - I have no contact information from the third distro
> > - I'm the maintainer of One-Click Installer, and I'm open to
> > suggestions that make Windows user life more easy. Right now going
> > MinGW path has proven to be a good bet.
>
> > Windows users don't understand the concept and power of "community",
> > they often play alone, like cowboys did in the western movies.
>
> > Check rubyinstaller on GitHub, lot of folks keep an eye on it, and a
> > few ones contribute back.
>
> > Lot of users report bugs and download One-Click Installer, but a few
> > ones step up and contribute back.
>
> > Last time I checked, my breath was good, so that's not a reason not to
> > join efforts. ;-)
>
> I have been building Ruby for MinGW, succesfully. I was unable to find a
> mysql lib for mingw that allowd me to compile mysql, and after hours of
> fox-1.6 compiling, the fxruby gem comes up with a "Procedure not found"
> in the fox16.so etc.

gem install luislavena-mysql-gem --source http://gems.github.com -- --
with-mysql-dir="C:/path/to/your/mysql/that/have/include/and/lib"

> I have checked your RubyInstaller git repository, and love how it is
> setup with all the Rake tasks etc.

It has some places that needs enhancements.

> I would love to contribute towards the new v1.9.1 RI project, but how do
> I get involved, and how would I fetch your development tree for 1.9.1?

My fault, I'm too perfectionist of my code that release early, release
often doesn't work for this (I'll get lot of bug reports than being
productive with it).

This fork builds 1.9.1, and as extra: Shoes!

http://github.com/ender672/rubyinstaller/tree/master

Here is more info:

http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/01/31/wear-some-shoes-in-ruby-191-on-windows/

I'll do an announcement about the new recipes in my blog this weekend.

--
Luis Lavena