2009/2/3 Stuart Clarke <stuart.clarke1986 / gmail.com>:
> Thanks for replying and sorry for the confusion.
>
> My hash (counts) contains date and time ID's like so TueAug052008

Obviously not as the output below demonstrates that there is just a
single entry in the Hash.

> When I do a puts on counts I get a list of these as per there date and
> time values which is what I want. However counting to see if there is
> more than 5 occurances of one the ID values fails and doesn't find
> anything in my data set.
>
> I have done as you asked and the output is as follows:
>
> {"WedAug062008"=>1}

Looks like there is a lot missing.

> This suggests there is a problem. Just for your information doing an
> output on counts (the hash) gives this:

What does "doing an output" mean? Please be more specific (e.g. by
posting complete code, ideally a test case that someone else can
execute), otherwise nobody can help you.

> MonFeb0220091
> MonFeb0220091
> MonFeb0220091
> MonFeb0220091