Luis Lavena wrote:

> Dunno why:
>
> - Tried to contact Ruby-mswin32 maintainer 4 years ago to fix the
> "missing dependencies" on the build, never got an answer.
> - I have no contact information from the third distro
> - I'm the maintainer of One-Click Installer, and I'm open to
> suggestions that make Windows user life more easy. Right now going
> MinGW path has proven to be a good bet.
>
> Windows users don't understand the concept and power of "community",
> they often play alone, like cowboys did in the western movies.
>
> Check rubyinstaller on GitHub, lot of folks keep an eye on it, and a
> few ones contribute back.
>
> Lot of users report bugs and download One-Click Installer, but a few
> ones step up and contribute back.
>
> Last time I checked, my breath was good, so that's not a reason not to
> join efforts. ;-)

I have been building Ruby for MinGW, succesfully. I was unable to find a
mysql lib for mingw that allowd me to compile mysql, and after hours of
fox-1.6 compiling, the fxruby gem comes up with a "Procedure not found"
in the fox16.so etc.

I have checked your RubyInstaller git repository, and love how it is
setup with all the Rake tasks etc.

I would love to contribute towards the new v1.9.1 RI project, but how do
I get involved, and how would I fetch your development tree for 1.9.1?