Alle Thursday 29 January 2009, Eric Hodel ha scritto:
> This release of RDoc brings some big changes. Most notably Michael
> Granger´┐Żˇ Darkfish generator has become the default output formator
> RDoc! Michael put a ton of great work into this, and it looks quite
> lovely. Check out the RDoc documentation for a sample:
>
> http://rdoc.rubyforge.org/
>
> rdoc_chm and rdoc_html_templates have been split off from RDoc and
> released separately as unmaintained software. I don´┐Ż˘ plan to make any
> future changes or updates to rdoc_html_templates (which are for the
> old HTML generator) ever, but somebody may be interested in taking
> over maintainership of the rdoc_chm generator.
>
> rdoc will automatically detect rdoc_html_templates and rdoc_chm, so
> you only need to install them to make them usable via command-line
> options.

Very well done! I'm glad that at last we can have rdoc documentation without
frames.

The only thing I don't like is the default style sheet, both because I find
the green upon gray unpleasant and because the default font looks horrible in
my browser. This leads to the following question:

does the darkfish generator use the custom style sheet passed by the user
using the --style command line option? If so, either I'm doing something wrong
or there's a bug. I tried the following command:

rdoc --style=my_rdoc.css *.rb

thinking that it would produce documentation using the my_rdoc.css style sheet
instead of the default one. Instead, the documentation still used the default
one. I also tried variants of the above command (for example using -s or
without the = or giving the full path of my_rdoc.css), but with the same
results. Am I missing something, is it a bug or by design the darkfish
generator doesn't take into account the --style option (in which case I think
the documentation for the option should mention it)?

Thanks

Stefano