so chalk that up as a newbie not reading the documentation well enough

sorry, i learned most of ruby in one night and the C API the next day.
everything kind of blurred together from the overload.  apologies.

guy, thank you very much, though, for answering the question directly
regardless.

-c

[ Structural Informatics Group  ]
[ Dept. of Biological Structure ]