On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:33 AM, Thomas Sawyer <transfire / gmail.com> wrote:
ed module.

> Ah, sorry I wasn't more clear. Yes, I meant it would create an anonymous
> module, so as to promote good coding practices. And I agree, it isn't
> that hard to use Module.new or name the module, nevertheless we see the
> singleton being used directly far too often b/c it is more convenient,
> even when having to define our own #singleton_method. And that's the
> point of the suggestion, to make it more convenient to #extend rather
> than #class_eval on the singleton class. Indeed (I wish I could find
> that article) one can make a good case that the singleton class should
> never have methods directly defined in it; always use a module.
Too bad you cannot find the article. I wonder especially if the
rationale behind that "dogma" was based on performance ( hopefully not
) or design principles.

Cheers
R.
--
It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the
dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any