Hi,

we use a custom XML doc (XMLdoc) format for documentation, which is
easy and simple enough to do by hand.

Then we do beside writing XMLdoc by hand (vim ;-)

functional specs, DB schema, ... (XML) -> XMLdoc
some people use WYSIWYG DocBook, DocBook subset -> XMLdoc
Slides (XML) -> XMLdoc

and XMLdoc -> LaTex -> PDF

works fine,
bye