On 30/01/2009, Zayd Abdullah <devrubygem / gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there going to be a one click installer for this new version? I'm having
>  trouble installing 1.9

The problem is not with Ruby itself but with the libraries it uses
(zlib for gems, readline for irb, openssl for encryption and https
networking, sqlite, ...)

Most of these use unique build systems and have binaries built for
windows with different compilers.

To link this all together with Ruby is a recipe for disaster.

For that reason Luis is working on a new One Click installer which
builds all the libraries and ruby from source using the MinGW
compiler.

Unfortunately not all of the libraries build well in the MinGW
environment out of the box (or on Windows at all) so the project
requires lots of tedious work. There are only development and testing
releases of this installer. As far as I know no final release that
includes at least all the basic parts is available.

Thanks

Michal