On 30/01/2009, Zayd Abdullah <devrubygem / gmail.com> wrote:
> Congradulations guys!! I am a noob so this might be a silly question to the
>  majority, but can someone give me the steps to install 1.9 in my vista
>  environment? Need some help. I already saved the zip folder. Should I be
>  looking for an executable, becauseI cannot find it

I suggest you wait for the Windows One Click installer for 1.9/2.0.

Unless something has changed the Windows builds you can download at
garbagecollect are somewhat not completely finished. They are missing
parts, and not even documenting which ones. You could write a "hello
world" program using the build and perhaps explore some of the
features fof the new interpreter but you cannot even install gems.

I am not completely sure if anybody uses that stuff and what do they
use it for. It just shows Ruby *can* be built for WIndwows I guess.

Thanks

Michal