It definitely looks better.

>> I'd like to see the class index above the file index - I rarely find
>> the file index useful and almost always use the class index.
>
> I whole heartedly agree with that.
>
> James Edward Gray II

+1
I assume that's referring to the leftmost side bars on pages like
http://rdoc.rubyforge.org/RDoc.html
?

I'd also tend to prefer the class index above the file index on the main
page [http://rdoc.rubyforge.org/], or the two side by side, at the
bottom.

also the links to files like a.png point [in error] to a.png.rhtml

And when you click on those files, it shows the requires and last
modified file dates--it would be way nice to display the file itself, as
well [or is it supposed to?]

Also a few suggestions:

the link color could darken a bit to get better contrast--they sometimes
are a little hard contrast-wise against the background [ex:
http://rdoc.rubyforge.org/ at the top, if you've never clicked on any of
the links.]

Thanks!
-=r