Eric Hodel wrote:
> This release of RDoc brings some big changes. Most notably Michael
> Grangers Darkfish generator has become the default output format for
> RDoc! Michael put a ton of great work into this, and it looks quite
> lovely. Check out the RDoc documentation for a sample:
>
> http://rdoc.rubyforge.org/
>
> rdoc_chm and rdoc_html_templates have been split off from RDoc and
> released separately as unmaintained software. I dont plan to make any
> future changes or updates to rdoc_html_templates (which are for the
> old HTML generator) ever, but somebody may be interested in taking
> over maintainership of the rdoc_chm generator.
>
> rdoc will automatically detect rdoc_html_templates and rdoc_chm, so
> you only need to install them to make them usable via command-line
> options.

(Sigh. the Google Group mirror is acting up again, so i will be replying
to this for the third time.)

My concern is for the loss of the sidebars. While I know frames are out
of fashion, having a sidebar was very convenient. Where as scrolling to
the bottom of a page is not.

Also, I think it would be nice if RDoc offered a few template options,
varying up the layout, suitable to variant preferences and/or project
needs, eg. small projects versus large ones.

Finally, what is the state of creating custom templates? Are we using
rhtml now? Is their a tutorial anywhere on the topic?

Thanks,
T.