Phil Tomson wrote:

> I can see that it would be easy to get Open Source developers to
> participate, but how to dou you get companies to participate?

Ideas are welcome :)

Some companies already have programs, like
http://www.thekompany.com/projects/
(here's some paragraph about another project:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wftk.html#7 )

Others could be asked directly, if they could be interested in specific
stuff.

> (and how do
> you get the word out to companies and developers alike?)

Developers: ruby-talk.

Companies:

Someone works in a company; they need a specific app/lib, which doesn't
exist. They can do it themselves, or propose a sponsored open source
project. (= the someone puts uploads a little page describing what's
needed, and links it on the Wiki). Benefits may be faster development
time, more testers/bugreporters => more stability, etc.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/