Hi,

In message "Array#splice method"
    on 02/01/28, michael libby <x / ichimunki.com> writes:

|So being fairly new at Ruby (and not even sure this works 100% like the
|Perl splice), I'd love comments and suggestions-- especially since I've
|only got a few unit tests (mostly the aforementioned sandwich example).
|Anything I missed that will break easily? Anything that could be written
|better another way? Any Ruby idioms I've totally flubbed?

Most of them can be accomplished by other methods; that's why I didn't
prepare splice, which behavior is sort of hard for me to use.

# make a basic sandwich
sandwich = %w( bread bologna bread )
p sandwich

# change our mind, go for club sandwich instead.
sandwich.[1,1] = %w( chicken lettuce bread bacon mayo )
p sandwich

# hmmm. hold the mayo and butter the bread, please
sandwich[1,0] = ['butter']
p sandwich

sandwich[-2,1] = ['butter']
p sandwich

# time for lunch
mouth = sandwich.slice!(0..-1)
p mouth
p sandwich

# try to cause indigestion
# we can't do this directly; but I'm not sure how this is important
#gullet = mouth.splice( -99999, 256, ['vinegar', 'baking soda'])
#puts mouth.inspect

# we can't do this directly; but I'm not sure how this is important
#gullet = mouth.splice( 256, -9, ['zotz'] )
#puts mouth.inspect

mouth[1,256] = ['pickles', 'ice cream']
p mouth

							matz.