Hi,

  In mail "Re: installing mod_ruby --> seg fault in ruby-rdtool"
    craig <craig / cheetahusa.net> wrote:

> #/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/racc/rubyloader.rb:11:in `require':
> No such file to load -- rbconfig (LoadError)

Ooops, sorry. This is my mistake. Please try this instead:

  $:.delete_if {|path| %r<site_ruby/1.6/alpha-freebsd4> === path }

This time you can simply copy & paste this line.
(Sorry for inconvenience. I must add --no-extentions option to racc.)

And you can confirm that ruby version of racc is running
by this command:

  $ racc --runtime-version

If it tells you "Ruby version is running", it's OK.
If is "C version is running", something is wrong.

> the test2.rb script seemed to produce good results:
>
> 	felix# ruby test2.rb
> 	ok

Thank you. It seems that ruby is not wrong (again).

By the way, I'd asked this problem in Japanese ML. One member
told me that compiler is suspectable, because racc does not
fail on some alpha machine. Then, could you show me the compiler
name, version and its optimization flags? You can display them
by this:

  $ ruby -r rbconfig -e 'puts Config::CONFIG["CC"]'
  $ ruby -r rbconfig -e 'puts Config::CONFIG["CFLAGS"]'
 ($ cc -v)    # "cc" may be different name

Followings are results on my machine:

  ~ $ ruby -r rbconfig -e 'puts Config::CONFIG["CC"]'
  gcc
  ~ $ ruby -r rbconfig -e 'puts Config::CONFIG["CFLAGS"]'
  -O2
  ~ $ gcc -v
  Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.95.3/specs
  gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)

Or you can send your rbconfig.rb itself to me directly.
rbconfig.rb is placed under /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.6/alpha-freebsd4/.

> Do you know if there's an archive of comp.lang.ruby (English)? Google
> doesn't carry it and my ISP retains messages only about 3 days.

comp.lang.ruby is mirrored to ruby-talk ML, and it is archived
on http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/ruby/ (aka "blade").

-- Minero Aoki