Albert Wagner <alwagner / tcac.net> writes:

> > > the saved state.  But I cannot envision the need for a snapshot of the
> > > complete source code.
> >
> > So you don't have to re-type the modifications on the original source
> > code.
>
> So you are hoping/expecting to output a text(.rb) file that looks
> just like the original text file, except with variables initialized
> to new values?  How do you handle comments, indentation, etc. that
> have no internal representation?

I don't think Oliver cared much about indentation, comments, etc. in
the dumped code. Those setting can be isolated into another file which
will be 'require'-ed or 'load'-ed by some class/module. This is very
similar in concept to .emacs, .gnus, or other LISP program
initialisation files where the content is an evaluate-able code.

YS