Hi,

I am using ssh to login to my Amazon EC2 server, and using a rake task
to automate some activities on the machine. Every time I login, it is a
new machine, so I have no host keys from the machine and SSH connections
pass back the warning that a new key was added to my local known hosts
file.

When I connect via the shell without using ruby, my command works great
with no errors. Inside my rake task, using ruby, I am almost always
having the rake task blow out with an error. How can I construct my ruby
to shell out without choking on this ssh issue???

eg command:

sh "ssh -i /home/foo/.ssh/id_rsa-bs-keypair
root@#{@instance[0][:dns_name]}  'mkdir /mnt/data_store && mount
/dev/sdf /mnt/data_store'"

This is usually resulting in something like:

ssh: connect to host ec2-72-44-38-77.compute-1.amazonaws.com port 22:
Connection refused
rake aborted!

Any one know of how I can get this small snippet to work in a ruby
task???

Thanks