Greetings everyone,

I can't pass updated/changed values from the form elements to the
ActiveRecord.  However something is going through because the table's
update_when column is registering the date/time of the update, but
otherwise no data revisions transpire.  Have tried using form_for helper
as well, but the same results.

This is all new to me, so not sure what additional info will be
relevant.  But am using Ruby 1.8.6 with a local MYSQL 5.1 database thru
a Radrails IDE.  My apologies for whatever info I have ommitted.  Any
suggestions on where I have gone astray will be most appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

CONTROLLER:

class FileController < ApplicationController

def edit
    @file = File.find(params[:id])
end

def update
    @file = File.find(params[:id])
    if @file.update_attributes(params[:file])
        redirect_to :action => 'show', :id => @file
    else
        render :action => 'edit'

<% form_tag (:action => 'update', :id => @file.id) do %>

<%= text_area 'file', 'description' </p>

<%= submit_tag 'Save changes' %>
<% end %>

<%= link_to 'Back', {:action => 'list'} %>