Brian Candler wrote:
> Harish Dewangan wrote:
>>     i am new ruby on rails

>>  i got pure xml now and converting that xml into model object and when i
>> am trying to save the object it is inserting with the junk values as
>> shown below
>
> Problems with Rails and/or ActiveRecord would best be asked on a Rails
> mailing list (here you have found the general Ruby programming language
> list)
>
> From a Ruby point of view, I'd suggest you try using 'inspect' on your
> model before saving it. e.g.
>
>   # create your model
>   foo = Foo.new(...)
>
>   # show it
>   STDERR.puts foo.inspect
>
>   foo.save!
>
> This divides your problem in half: if @attributes contains the right
> data then the problem is when ActiveRecord saves it, but if @attributes
> contains the bad data then you can work on the first part of your
> program.
>
>> '---- "1"', '--- - "2"', '--- - "3"', '--- - First', '--- - Second',
>> '--- - third'
>
> Strange, looks like it's converting to YAML for some reason.

Sir,

when i add the Code what you gave like STDERR.puts foo.inspect
it printed like this, i think this is correct data.
#<XMLDemo first: ["1"], second: ["2"], third: ["3"], child1: ["First"],
child2: ["Second"], child3: ["Third"], id: nil>

But still i am facing the same problem. plz help to solve this prb

Thanks in Advance
Harish Kumar Dewangan