Manisha Tripathy wrote:
> ok, here is the error :
>
> config: unknown option --with=dbi,dbd_pg
> Try 'ruby setup.rb --help' for detailed usage.

You didn't show the command line you typed. But the following works just
fine for me:

$ ruby setup.rb config --with=dbi,dbd_pg
entering config phase...
config done.

This is dbi-0.2.0, ruby-1.8.6p111, Ubuntu Hardy. And I just took this
command from the README file.

> When i checked for help, it just doesnt have an option --with=

It does for me.

$ ruby setup.rb config --help
config: unknown option --help
try "ruby setup.rb --help" for usage

$ ruby setup.rb --help

Usage:
Options for config:
  --with=name,name...  package name(s) you want to install [ALL]
  --without=name,name... package name(s) you do not want to install []

So in this case maybe it's a good idea to list the exact platform,
version of Ruby, version of ruby-dbi you have unpacked, and to
copy-paste both the command you have typed *and* the responses you get.

Regards,

Brian.