On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Tobias Reif wrote:
> how can I programmatically find out which objects a certain method can
> take if any?

Congratulations, you just ran into the invisible wall called "paradigm",
or, in other words, a shared delusion based on a reductionist philosophy.

In short, in Ruby, there is no way to find out any information like that,
because it is presumed that you cannot want something like that, or else
that you should not; never mind that the source code of Ruby is full of
type-checks: it is considered to be a special situation even though it
really is the rule.

If you pretend hard enough that the problem does not exist, it will go
away, in the same way that if we are two in this room and you think i
float like a soap bubble and i think i float like a soap bubble, it means
i really float like a soap bubble.

class Fixnum
  def +x
    if self==2 and x==2 then