On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Robert Dober <robert.dober / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Gregory Brown
> <gregory.t.brown / gmail.com> wrote:
> For what concerns the Ruby Quiz 1 and 2 were a one man show, just look
> at my quote please ;).
> <snip>
> We had some private mails I will not disclose of course, but again, if
> I misunderstood Daniel just has to say one word.
> Gimme admin rights (ok these are three, close 'nuff).
>
> Forgive me for being blunt but maybe it is also time to relax a little
> and let us figure it out...

You completely missed the point.  If you fork a project, you should
change its name, unless the original developers on a project support
you re-using their name.   I think the same thing applies here.
Creating a project called Ruby Quiz 3 on RubyForge without the
approval of the existing Ruby Quiz master is about the same as me
calling myself "Robert Dober II".   I didn't argue that you shouldn't
create a different type of quiz.  I just suggested that you shouldn't
have taken the name without the existing maintainer (or at least the
community) backing you.  Unless of course, you're intentionally trying
to create a schism.

Sincerely,
- Robert Dober II

--