I started to learn Common Lisp and I saw that it is a great language.
You have interpreter but you can also compile code. On list of projects made
by CL is even an operating system. That's impossible with Ruby and
interpreted languages in general. You have functional language which is also
pure object oriented like Smalltalk or Ruby. Haskell is pure functional
language and I don't see how programmers can manage large portions of code
without objects. It's like procedural language with functions instead of
procedures.
And also CL has a lot of other advantages. As I understood Pascal, you can
make code that makes other code and you have support for logic programming
like Prolog.

news:gk3m77$1ft$1 / gregory.bnet.hr...