On Jan 14, 2:00  ᮮ
wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 05:44:05AM +0900, Mark Watson wrote:
> > Thanks Aaron for your work on Nokogiri.
>
> > I noticed what looked like JRuby support so I tried installing the gem
> > (worked) and then an example that failed:
>
> > irb(main):001:0> require 'nokogiri'
> > => true
> > irb(main):002:0> require 'open-uri'
> > => true
> > irb(main):003:0> doc = Nokogiri::HTML(open('http://markwatson.com'))
> > NoMethodError: undefined method `read_memory' for
> > Nokogiri::HTML::Document:Class
> >  󯱮魱> > java/lib/nokogiri/html.rb:36:in `parse'
> >  󯱮魱> > java/lib/nokogiri/html.rb:15:in `HTML'
> >  > >

> > I am using version jruby 1.1.5 - will a later version of JRuby make
> > this work?
>
> No.      宮 > actually work on jruby.  §
> webrat can use it's CSS to XPath conversion code, then fall back on
> REXML.
>
> We're working on a better jruby solution though.
> that uses FFI, and Charles Nutter has a branch with a Java
> implementation.
>
>  𺯯>
> I'm not sure what the status is on his branch.
>
> --
> Aaron Pattersonhttp://tenderlovemaking.com/

Thanks Aaron for the update on Charles' and your branches. I am using
nokogiri in 2 examples in a new Ruby book that I am writing for
APress; I had a warning about JRuby incompatibility (and have a little
code using a pure Ruby alternative), but by the time the book is
published (5 months) it looks like we will have a working version for
JRuby. I could be of more help with the pure Java version, so I will
as Charles if he wants help.