Albert Schlef wrote:

> Tim Greer wrote:
>> I got the impression you were making a claim that
>> Perl is [...] some old archaic language that people
>> shouldn't waste time with
>
> 13 years ago I was programming in Perl (v5). I loved it. Until I had
> to return a file handle from a function.

Honestly, I'm okay with people not liking one language over another.  As
for returning a file handle from a function, you could do that, but
maybe it was not a method you agreed with using (or maybe you weren't
sure how)?  Anyway, if any language doesn't do what someone wants (or
how they want), I can very much see their reasons for using one that
agrees with them more.  That's totally cool with me.
and Custom Hosting.  24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.