William James wrote:
> Mike Gold wrote:
>
>> It's a clever way to get
>> people accustomed to parens without actually using Lisp.  A way-point
>> on the road to enlightenment.
>

> There you have it.  Hierophants of Commune Lisp are utter irrational.
> It's a religion to them.  In comp.lang.lisp you will find threads
> named "How did you discover Lisp?", i.e., "How did you get religion?"

Ironically, a distinguishing characteristic of zealotry is the
inability to recognize waggishness or sarcasm.

There are several clues you could have picked up.

(1) If you are at all familiar with Star Wars, you could have noticed
that I paraphrased Obi-Wan Kenobi in the same post.

(2) Even if you've never heard of Star Wars, the hyperbolic nature of
my post should have been obvious.

(3) If you cared to check whether your assumptions had any merit, you
could have noticed the 40 non-trolling posts I've made to
comp.lang.ruby.  No posts to comp.lang.lisp.

(4) I contributed a small patch to Ruby; I appear in the ChangeLog.

On the other hand, your posting history reveals that you persistently
troll comp.lang.lisp with Ruby evangelism, much to the annoyance of
its inhabitants.

  "If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of
  yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us."
    --Herman Hesse