On Jan 8, 6:56   ̮󮮮
> Roger Pack wrote:
>
> > Maybe you can collaborate? :)
> > Let us know when somebody think it's about done :)
>
> > -=r
>
> I'm not sure there's much room for collaboration at the Zlib wrapper &
> below level, but perhaps the GzipFile and upwards (ie Reader/Writer)
> implementations can be shared.
>
> The big thing is just good specs, and the existing rubyspec ones could
> use some work which will benefit all of us.

Agreed.

> I've added most of the remaining missing functionality to my version (ie
> dynamic huffman tree's etc), and added back in the inflate functionality
> from zliby, and put the result up on github -http://github.com/aquasync/ruby-zlib/tree/master

Thanks. Unfortunately, I cannot download it. IE7 and FF3 simply do
nothing when I click on the download link. FF2 (before I upgraded)
gave me a "file not found" error.

This actually happens to me a lot with github, on not just on Windows.

> I've since added enough of the GzipWriter & GzipFile functionality that
> the existing specs all pass (see below. note the GzipFile specs use
> GzipWriter). Unable to push this last commit to github presently, but
> will try later.

Ok, I'll look for it and just copy/paste files individually when
you're ready.

Regards,

Dan