On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Tom Copeland <tom / infoether.com> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2009, at 9:52 AM, Simon Chiang wrote:
>
>> I know very little about this but I have always wondered if it would
>> be possible to write another skin for the rubyforge data.  Fix the DB,
>> then implement features incrementally (as needed/desired) in the ruby-
>> based skin while keeping alive the existing program.
>>
>> Any more insights, Tom?
>
> Yeah, that's a good thought.  When I think about doing that, the tricky
> thing in my mind is maintaining all the permissions and privileges and such
> for the Ruby side so that no one can add a file to someone else's project or
> whatever.  But yeah, if that could be sorted out, that sounds like a good
> idea.

Tom, could you possibly prepare a database dump that strips out the
accounts and non-public data.  (If I'm creating a lot of work for you,
just let me know :)

But having a sandbox RubyForge db might help people w. this task.

-greg

--
Technical Blaag at: http://blog.majesticseacreature.com
 Non-tech stuff at: http://metametta.blogspot.com