Roger Pack wrote:

> Maybe you can collaborate? :)
> Let us know when somebody think it's about done :)
>
> -=r

I'm not sure there's much room for collaboration at the Zlib wrapper &
below level, but perhaps the GzipFile and upwards (ie Reader/Writer)
implementations can be shared.

The big thing is just good specs, and the existing rubyspec ones could
use some work which will benefit all of us.

I've added most of the remaining missing functionality to my version (ie
dynamic huffman tree's etc), and added back in the inflate functionality
from zliby, and put the result up on github -
http://github.com/aquasync/ruby-zlib/tree/master

I've since added enough of the GzipWriter & GzipFile functionality that
the existing specs all pass (see below. note the GzipFile specs use
GzipWriter). Unable to push this last commit to github presently, but
will try later.

It is likely complete enough for the purposes of creating rubygems, but
is still missing functionality, which needs specing out (Eg wtf is
Zlib::GzipWriter.wrap, Zlib::GzipWriter reimplements a lot of IO
functions like puts, etc).

Zlib::Deflate#set_dictionary
- sets the dictionary

Zlib::Deflate#deflate