On Jan 8, 2:33    쮮
> > system("dir x:\\.\\Radeloff\\Projects\\DATA\\NLCD_2001\\landcover\
> > \nlcd_fg11")
>
> > serverDirName = "x:/./Radeloff/Projects/DATA_NLCD_2001/landcover/
> > nlcd_fg11"
>
> was the error a typo? should it have been:
>
>   ߲>  > --
> Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.

Arg. Yes and no. My test program did have a typo. Once fixed the test
program works.

Unfortunately the actual script it was taken from is typoless and I'm
still at a loss for why it crashes. I'm not specifying this directory.
Its being built from the Dir above it. I have so many files that it
takes days to get to this directory before the crash. Thus I'm having
trouble debugging it. (I also don't think this is the only directory
it crashes on like this but I haven't tracked it carefully to know)

The only thing I forgot to mention is that this is running on Server
2003 64-bit.